On 15 Oct 2003 at 0:07, Jostein wrote:

> ... and here's the link.
> http://home.online.no/~jooksne/istd_aberr.htm

Interesting, the halo is much wider than what would likely be produced solely
as an aliasing artifact on the high contrast boarder. It looks like it may be a
combination of adjacent pixel spill (due to the high contrast transition) and
the lens aberrations.

I would have thought that the FA100/2.8 macro would have been pretty well
corrected for chromatic aberrations? I'd be keen to try my Voigtländer Macro
APO-Lanthar 125mm F2.5 SL, I might get a chance when I meet with Christian next
week.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998