Rob wrote:

RS> as an aliasing artifact on the high contrast boarder. It looks like it may be a
RS> combination of adjacent pixel spill (due to the high contrast transition) and
RS> the lens aberrations.

  The 100/2.8 Macro being too contrasty for the sensor? Maybe that's
  all there is about FAJ - lowered contrast for digital compatibility!?
  ;o)

  Now seriously, if it were for the chromatic aberrations then we
  should have seen blue outer edges and red inner edges (with respect
  to the frame center). And it's still too close to the center for
  colour fringe - certainly the lens is much better corrected than
  that.
  I believe this is an exclusively digital artifact.

  Servus,  Alin