When I lived in Oklahoma I was always being asked if I knew someone or another in Detroit where I grew up. They never seemed to be able to understand that the Detroit metro area had 5 times as many people as the whole state of Oklahoma. It is really a matter of where folks are from (village, town, city, metro-area) as to how they look at such things, not what nationality they are.

In fact there are Canadian's who think Toronto, ON is 4000 miles from Vancouver, BC when it is in fact 2491.6 miles by road (according to the "AAA Map&Go" software, shortist route). But what is 1500 miles between friends (GRIN)?

frank theriault wrote:

Hi, again,

Gee, Thrainn. I was only joking. Not about Bjork being smokin', which she is, but about whether you knew her. I knew Iceland was a small place, I didn't know it's that small.

And, I know how to spell "Icelandic", BTW (that was a type in the earlier post).

It's funny, but you saying that you've seen Bjork shopping, and mentioning how small your country's population is, reminds me of an ongoing Canadian joke about Americans. It seems that almost every Canadian I know tells a story of visiting the US, and when the Americans find out we're from Canada, they'll say "Oh, I have a cousin in Vancouver, maybe you've met them." Of course the answer is: "Well, there are 35 million Canadians, and Vancouver is 4,000 miles from Toronto, so no I haven't met your cousins."

Enough rambling. I've got to cut down on my off-topic ramblings anyway... <vbg>

cheers,
frank