On 19/10/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>But you can't really compare Canada to the UK for transport, anyway.
>For a start Canada has been called a "country three thousand miles long
>and twenty miles wide".  That's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's hard
>to have a route between large towns that doesn't use the main East-West
>transport corridor.

When I was 10, we travelled on the Canadian Pacific train from Montreal
to Vancouver. I got to ride in the cab through part of the Rockies. I
remember a snow-covered vista with wild animals loping in front of the
train (deer?) like dolphins riding the bow wave of a ship. It was an
adventure that will stay with me forever.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk