> The latest round of HP's (6 color) are much better than people
> give them credit for.

I got a chance to see the latest HP photo printers this week; HP
were partial underwriters of a Computer History Museum event, and
sent along some HP 945 digital cameras, some of their 6x4 printers,
and one 7900 series printer.  I believe that's an 8-colour printer.

I took along a CF card with an 2910x2400 JPEG on it, and printed
off a borderless 8.5x11 sample that looks pretty good to me.

Unfortunately, though, they don't seem to offer a unit that can
handle larger paper sizes, and I'm looking for that capability.

I wasn't all that impressed with the 945 camera, either.  The
preview screen freezes while the camera is focussing, which is
very distracting.  It appears to underexpose when using flash
(despite HP touting the fill-flash ability of the camera).

ob.relevance:  I'm not sure if HP are still using Pentax glass.
There was no indication on the lens as to who manufactured it.