On 24/10/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>Another advantage of the Canon is that you can easily refill the ink
>cartridges.  Don't underestimate how much ink will cost you when
>making a lot of prints.  Being able to trivially refill cartridges is
>a real plus.

Ah, this sounds good - any info you can recommend? 3rd party inks scare
the hell out of me as they can be poor quality and screw up colours and
clog heads etc.

>My S9000 had a few clogged nozzles in the original printhead, but Canon
>just mailed me another one.

My old Epson Stylus Photo EX would clog as a matter of course although
used at least once a week. I have had 2 seperate clogs on the Canon,
easily cleared by one cleaning cycle each. This was in mid print run. The
cleaning cycle (like on most printers) initiates after the print command
is sent when the printer is either first switched on, or is left on all
the time.

I bought mine used, and have an intermittent fault whereby when it is
switched off, it sometimes refuses top power up again. I though it was
the power supply (a seperate pluggable unit near the base) so change it
but it still does it. A quick jiggle of the printer soon brings it to
life, so I suspect a loose connection somewhere inside. I searched a few
forums to see if this is a known problem but cannot find anything on it
anywhere so I assume it is a one-off. It doesn't bother me as I got the
machine half-price a earlier this year which was a bargain....

Otherwise, nice printer. I'd probably be just as happy with Epson's
individual tank model - the one with 2 blacks - also. But this S9000 is
so quiet!

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__