Hi!

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:50:14 +0100
 Sylwester Pietrzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
on 28.10.03 3:19, J. C. O'Connell at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I still dont believe that camera has a sensor that cost
CANON $700 if thats what your trying to say.....

Why not? Analog EOS-300V (EOS Rebel Ti) costs about 200$ and it has far more
built-in mechanics than its digital sibbling. Electronics other than CCD in
DSLRs should be rather cheap.

--
Best Regards
Sylwek

Pardon my intrusion, but I seem to miss something here. Let me try to explain why I think RebelD costs whatever it costs...

Canon (or any other similar company for that matter) has market presense in most if not all market segments. So they seem to know what are the specs the market favors and how much market is willing to pay for it.

So they just produce the camera that is as close to the favorite specs of given market segment as they can get within their own time frame. Then they charge maximal (perhaps minus little delta) amount of money for the outcome...

I really think it is that simple. Of course there're technical details, such as production and/or research costs, and so on. But one techinicalities are done with, and somehow I am sure Canon can be quite done with technical part of the game, it is not that difficult to set up a price for the product.

I suppose that charging maximal explains why when eventually prices go down, the product is still produced and sold, normally with profit!

Let the light be with you...

Boris

_____
"Антивирус Касперского Personal Pro + Антихакер по специальной цене $85"
http://www.kaspersky.ru/offer/