You have a choice then:

Buy a Foveon DSLR or set sharpening to +1 in camera.

Another way would be to use IRFanView, set up a batch processing
configuration which does whatever resizing you want for your
'thoughtless' printing and applies a standard USM at the same time.
Then you would have absolutely zero processing to do in photoshop.