Hi,

Ann Sanfedele wrote:

> Smithsonian contest coming up  -
> One of the rules  is " No previously published
> works".  Is a photo in the PUG
> considered published?  Is a photo on my homepage
> previously published?

If you show it to your friends, it's published as far as British law is
concerned.  It has become available to others by an act of the owner.

> One of the other "rules" is one is not allowed to
> contact them about the
> contest submissions and they won't be responsible
> for illegal submissions.

Looks like one to avoid.  Bracket it with the "enter and lose your
copyright because we will take it over" types.  Anyway, Shel says he's
going to win and we know that _has_ to be right. <gringringringrin>

mike