På 8. jan. 2004 kl. 17.16 skrev Kostas Kavoussanakis:

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, mike.wilson wrote:

Kostas wrote:

Which bits does one mop (and therefore check for condensation)?

It was me. I put the lens cap on before going inside. All surfaces were beaded with moisture immediately and I spent about 20 minutes mopping it off. I concentrated on the areas of joints, where the moisture might penetrate the lens or body.

Am I right to infer that you don't need to remove the lens to dry the insides? What are the chances of condensation forming inside a (zoom perhaps) lens? I read something about using an airtight bag to bring the camera in. How airtight need it be? Supermarket bags for example have holes for the kids not to suffocate in a flash.

In general, I only take the camera out when we are above zero
temperatures. Unlike Shel, I had about 8 non-flash pictures in the
last 74 that I took delivery of today :-( Not happy.

I prefer another method. Just wrap the camera in wool. It absorbs the condensation and smoothens the temperature changes.

Never take the lens of during the condensation period.

DagT