For the time being, I got a film *ist as a backup.  Didn't want to/couldn't
afford another *istD.  Not only that, seems that it might be wiser to
wait on a second DSLR for a newer version or at least a later
revision.  For me the *ist film body represented the least expensive
body that had the features I needed - specifically high speed flash
synch along with a host of other things like metering modes, exposure
modes, etc.  It comes along just in case the *istD has a problem so
that I can get the job done.  If all goes well, it will rarely be
used.  If not, I am covered.

A side benefit of the *ist is that, unlike an MZ-S, I don't feel bad about not
using it.  :)

--
Best regards,
Bruce