Hey all!

Warning BIG post to follow...

Ok, so I have been pretty quiet of late (not that any of you probably
noticed! lol)... And here is why...

Firstly, my email packed it in and stopped delivering messages to my Inbox.
So I went to my webmail thinking that there may have been a really big email
or a virus etc blocking it, as I hadn't received any email for an entire
day!  I found 1542 messages, dating back to 16 January!!! Extremely weird as
most of them HAD already been delivered to my Inbox.  I deleted them all but
not before my server had been rejecting my emails due to the mailbox being
too full, so I have had heaps of clients ringing me saying "what's
wrong with your email" etc AND PDML unsubscribed me too!  So, all seems to
be working ok now, lets hope it stays that way.

Also, I was in Brisbane for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday doing my "arab" guy's
wedding!  Then we got home at 1am Wednesday morning and I had to get my 5yo
off to his first day of Grade 1 yesterday!  My 4yo starts preschool
tomorrow, so I am sure you all now "get" what I've been up to! lol...  I
have been taking almost a booking per day for weddings and as of this
moment, February, April, August and September are completely booked out, as
is April 2005!! Phew, there just aren't enough weekends in a year!  I need a
"doppleganger"! lol...

On the technology front, my laptop is zipping along at a merry 'ole pace,
and was fantastic for the "arab" wedding.  (BTW, these people were so NON
middle-eastern!! lol, I'll post some pics soon.  But lets just say, they
were as pommie as they come, complete with beetroot red, sunburnt faces and
shoulders (as those silly Pommie bastards just don't REALISE what real sun
is like until they come here!), blonde hair and blue eyes, and a THICK
Yorkshire accent!.  I was laughing myself silly at one point as I was
shooting them, and the groom starts yelling to his bride "omg, don't move
there is a giant BOOG in your veil!!", it took be a few minutes to realise
that he was referring to a BUG!! lol.  Anyways, they were a great couple,
lots of fun, and I honestly don't know why I was stressing so much about it
all.  (oh, just realised that I didn't post about my nerves - I was actually
vomiting the morning of the wedding due to my nerves and had to put on a
relaxation cd and do a meditation to calm myself down!  Even after this, I
was still shaking as I applied her makeup!)...  Can't remember if I ever
posted the specs, but I ended up with a Compaq Armada E500 - 600mhz cpu,
256mb RAM, 18 gb HDD, cd/DVD rom, infrared, win 2000.  I then added a
52x32x52 external cd burner, a 4xUSB 2.0 PCMCIA hub, a PCMCIA cf card
adapter (thanks to Christian for the suggestion!), a Targus laptop backpack,
a Compaq vehicle/plane power adapter, and a few other bits and pieces.  Must
say it is rather heavy though, but at least it does the job for now, and I
will probably upgrade it in another month or two...

Tomorrow, I will take delivery of my new PC - it is a AMD Athlon XP 2600+
cpu (anyone know anything about these chips?!?), 100gb HDD, 512mb RAM, 19"
flat screen monitor, 64mb CDRW/DVD (52x52x24), Win XP, Digital Stereo sound
with 2 speakers and a subwoofer (don't know why I'd ever need this, but it
sounds good! lol), 10/100 Auto-Switch Lan, Cordless optical mouse/keyboard,
onsite warranty (which cannot be underestimated for someone like me who
lives in the middle of nowhere!), 64mb Graphics S.M.A., internal modem, and
a heap of software that I'd never use!

Also comes with a Lexmark x1150 "All-in-one Print Center" which claims to
have photo printing up to 4800x1200dpi, flatbed scanner, colour copying etc.
The printer will go into my boys' bedroom with the PC that I am currently
using for them to "play" with.  And as I now have a "big boy" who is in
Grade One, he suddenly thinks that he "needs" a computer in case he gets
"homework"! lol.  All this and he can barely write his own name!

At least it will keep them off my work computer though.  They were in here
playing games the other day whilst I was in Brisbane and turned off the
Adobe Gamma (as their games looked too "dark" apparently), so I come home,
spend two hours working on images from the wedding only to discover by some
chance that I wasn't working in a colour space! So I turned it on and omg,
all of my work was completely destroyed, I had to start from scratch.  I
could have strangled them!

Ok, so guess what, I am going to get to meet Bob (Rapp)! Yaaaay, my first
PDML "meetup"!   He will be here next week some time as he passes through
due to work.  Then I am hoping to catch up with Ryan and John on my next
Brisbane trip which is the weekend of the 28th Feb.

Question to *istD owners - does it have automatic rotation of images when
you are shooting them in a portrait hold?  I am finding this very time
consuming and tiresome, having to manually rotate all of my images with the
Oly...

Ok, now just before I disappear to pick up my son from school - I am really
in a quandary now, with the release of these new bodies from Nikon and
Canon.  In another week, I will have enough money to buy the *istD, so
please, someone, convince me that I won't be making a big mistake if I do!
Any advice here is most appreciated...

Alrighty, going back under my rock now and into fairygirl oblivion...

tan.x.