On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Rob Studdert wrote:
> On 2 Feb 2004 at 12:18, Daichi Saeki (QA/EMC) wrote:
> > Are you honestly telling me that 600$CDN = ~ 450$USD is worth a scrappy little
> > paper saying "warranty"?  Fortunately I've never had to deal with warranty
> > issues for cameras but when it comes down to my audio equipment, my car etc.
> > fighting for the damn warranty is a challenge in itself.
>
> We are talking of a digital camera here, problems will and do occur far more
> often than with film cameras. It's for the purpose of local warranty support
> that I chose to make my *ist D purchase local, a thing that I rarely do if
> purchasing lenses or other photographic peripherals.

My *ist D went back after two days due to some dead pixels.  I would
also recommend purchasing locally so that you can test for dead pixels
and return it if necessary.

I was an early adopter so I didn't spend much more for the privledge
of purchasing locally.  Right now the store that I bought from
(http://www.kcamera.com) is advertising the camera for $150 more than
B&H or Adorama.

alex