alexanderkrohe wrote:

> I don't think it is "too late". I think if they
> release a high end film SRL it will be a niche product
> (for minorities) and not a mass product. Its sales
> number won't be that much affected by rising DSLR
> sales.

If Pentax had such an idea (and they probably had it some years ago, when
launching the Limited series lenses), it's now sublimated under the heavy
pressure of the falling film/rising digital market.
Ltd lenses were introduced at a rough pace of one a year. If you were right,
why not a single Limited lens introduced during the last 3 years? I'm afraid
the Limited lenses are a finished chapter too.

Believe me, now Pentax has far more important tasks to pursue than looking
for small niche market. They are fighting hard (as never before) for their
survival.
I don't understand what Pentax is aiming at (do they?), but I understand
what Pentax is not aiming at. They are not aiming at a niche market.

> A high end film SLR as a mass product will certainly
> be (or: would have been) a flop. I do also regret that
> there never was a  "true" LX successor. But then, the
> MZ-S does almost everything better than the LX (except
> motor-drive speed and interchangeable viewfinders) ...
> and how many people really bought a long-roll magazine
> for their LXs ??

The MZ-S is a great camera, a pity it was not released a few years before.
Sadly, now the days of the film cameras (including SLR's) are gone forever.
Yes, some niche will remain. How small and how long?

All the best.

Dario Bonazza