On 3 Jun 2004 at 14:04, Shawn K. wrote:

> Well, I still haven't decided on the legs I want to get, but in the mean
> time I got the acratech ultimate ball head from B&H and it just arrived
> today.

It sounds like a nice bit of gear, particularly the independent pano base and
the fact that I'd likely be able to fit a Manfrotto QR fitting. I don't know
how you carry your tripod whilst hiking but I'd definitely be interested in
your reports after you've used it in the field a little. My only concern
looking a the pics is that the knobs look like branch catchers. My current pack
only allows the tripod to be strapped to the centre/back of the pack and until
I started using my current trekking kit (44)/308RC) I had many an unpleasant
experience where the protruding head would get snagged on overhead branches.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998