Jim A. mentioned:
> Yes,  the planned obsolescence of many products is unfortunate.  I had a
> good cell phone that I needed to get a replacement battery for.  When I
> took it back to the store where I got it from  I was told the battery
> was no longer available.  So I had to get a new phone. ...

Had a story with a similar beginning and different ending. The cell phone
company customer service rep told me the phone was old and they didn't have the
battery and all that. I'm tired of them changing the model every single year so
that whatever problem I have, they tell me I need a new phone.
I came home, got on line, looked up the manufacturer's web site and found I
could indeed order the battery from them. So I did.
I'm sure at some point it WILL be unavailable, but at least for the past few
months I've been able to keep the phone I'm used to.

ERN