But can I match it exactly to my printer? If so, I would be interested. The Apple Cinema Display and Colorsynch afford me that option. And it's virtually plug and play.
Paul
On Sep 21, 2004, at 9:32 PM, Herb Chong wrote:

detail isn't what was being talked about. color fidelity was. all LCDs
calibrate properly only for the right viewing angle, and the very best LCDs
are still noticeably worse than the average CRT for dynamic range. in terms
of detail, you have a large display running at high resolution. with my new
monitor, i run my desktop at 2048x1536. the detail is there too. LCDs give a
slightly crisper image because the discrete pixels are very sharp. a CRT
can't match that, but they can be made at higher resolutions than an LCD can
be, right now. you haven't see the IBM 200dpi monitors. they are about the
same visual resolution as a high quality print.

Herb....
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: LCD monitor color calibration

I guess you're talking about PC monitors??  I'm using an Apple Cinema
Display on a Mac G4 dual 1.25. I set my color space to Colorsynch
Generic RGB. My monitor is an exact match for my prints. I previously
used a CRT, a Sony Trinitron clone. It was okay, but my Apple Cinema
Display flat panel shows far more detail. I can see the grain on 4800
dpi scans of 6x7 Ektachrome 100 VS film. I am totally satisfied with
this combination.