On 23 Sep 2004 at 20:44, David Mann wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2004, at 9:27 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:
>
> > The optimum set-up would have the mount rotating about the lenses
> > nodal point
> > but it's far less of a problem if there isn't a mix of near/far
> > subject matter.
>
> I seem to recall a Manfrotto tripod head that was built specifically
> for shooting Quicktime VR, which does exactly that.

Yes there was the 302 and 302Plus (for single row panos) then of late the
303QTVR which is configures for multi-row panos but they are all heavy beasts
are that are virtually a concoction of other Manfrotto base components. I had a
Kiwi+ head from Kaidan a few years back but it wasn't very sturdy and could
only really be set up for a single lens/camera combo easily. I haven't looked
about at what's available of late but there must be better stuff out there, if
not it's a looming untapped market.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998