How much harder is a nondedicated, non-TTL flash to use than a dedicated TTL
flash? I'm looking at the flash instructions for my Ricoh XR-2s (Sears KS
Auto), and it looks like a lot of work. I can't use aperture priority
exposure; rather, I must select a shutter speed, divide the distance into
the guide number, and use the quotient as my aperture--only if my flash is
on "full" (I assume).

If I change my subject distance, I must change the aperture.

Sounds like a lot of work!

Which attribute would go further to simplify the routine: a flash that's
dedicated but not TTL? Or TTL vs. merely dedicated?

Does anyone here still use a nondedicated flash? If so, why?
Paul Stregevsky