How much is an inch again? :-)

Half a year ago, I asked the same Q. in metric units, and questioned whether a
6Mpx file was sufficient for more than A4 output (A4= 297mm x 210mm). Cotty and
Paul Stenquist responded by sending me A3 (420mm x 297mm) prints of a selected
photo, and I must say I was impressed by the result. Especially Paul's, made on
a Fine Art, matte paper.

Curious of how far it could be pushed, I had a Pro-lab in Oslo trying their best
to make an A2 (594mm x 420mm). Their result didn't hold up to close scrutiny,
but was perfectly "hangable" at viewing distances of 50 cm or more.

While still not the size you ask for, that's the largest I've ever tried...

You can have a look at the web version to give you an idea of the level of
detail in the shot:

http://www.oksne.net/paw/wintermarsh.html

hth,
Jostein