On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:01:18 -0500, Graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "TRUTH"?

But we weren't arguing about truth.  We were arguing about how much
manipulation of a photo is acceptable or allowed.

And, the answer is, "it depends".  For photojournalism, very little
maniplation should be allowed.  A bit of dodging and burning,
cropping, that's about it.  Even tilting is verboten, AFAIK.

At the other end of the extreme would be certain forms of "artistic
photographs", where one would have no expectations of any or much
connection between the image and what one may think of as reality.

Between those extremes falls everything else.

cheers,
frank

cheers,
frank