From: frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Apr 5, 2005 6:45 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: GFM & PDML

On Apr 5, 2005 4:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Labatt's in Detroit and Labatt's in Windsor are identical.

I would think you're right, Paul.

For decades now, we Canucks have perpetuated this myth that "our beer
is stronger" than US beer.  Truth is, back when my Dad was a kid, that
might have been true.  Over the years, ours has gotten weaker (5% is
the norm) and yours may have gotten stronger.  At one point, we
measured the alcoholic content differently, so your's said something
like 3% or 4%, but it was actually the same as ours.

Now, all our mainstream beers taste pretty much the same (ie:  like
swill).  I defy anyone to tell me in a blind A-B taste test, which is
Labatts Anything or Molson's Anything.  Experts can't.  Even our
"ales" and "lagers" taste and look the same.

The other truth is that Canadian and American national brands taste
pretty similar these days.  After all, North America is pretty much
the same for marketing purposes.

cheers,
frank