My last "assignment" for June is Gary L. Murphy, "Texas Architecture".

I have to admit, I was a bit taken aback when I first saw this one.
"This isn't architecture", I thought.  How dare he!  "We must take these
themes seriously", thought I!

Then, I relaxed, and realized that this is all about fun.  What's wrong
with a little "creative interpretation" of a theme?  That being said,
this is a wonderful photo!

I love the pattern on the one with the horns (is that the steer?  I'm
guessing yes).  And the colour of the other one (is that a cow? A
heifer?  Is there a difference?) is beautifully captured.  The
foreground is a little bit washed out, and the background is a bit
darker than I might prefer, but I guess you have to get the subjects
right, don't you?

The composition is lovely:  both animals facing in opposite directions,
the one with the really big horns (the steer?) staring at the camera,
and the one with the little horns (cow?) gazing somewhat indefferently
off in the distance.  Beautifully rendered and framed.  You caught a
moment!

For me, the image captures Texas exactly as I imagined, kind of scrubby,
grassy, doggies (Texas longhorns, no less) on the range.  I kind of
expect Billy Crystal to pop his head into the picture at any time!  :-)

But seriously, the question of theme aside, it's a wonderful image, well
executed, and fun to look at - and that's gotta be what it's all about,
isn't it?  And Gary, maybe that steer wasn't giving you "the evil eye",
maybe he just took a fancy to you!

Thanks for the image.

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert