----- Original Message ----- From: "keithw"
Subject: Re: Hopefully my istD watched a few Timex commercals

Uhhh, better IT than you!

Gee thanks. I didn't think anyone cared<g>

And that used to be a *istD?

Nope, when it was a camera, it was a Bronica ETRS.

I used the insurance money to by a Pentax 6x7.

Hmmm. Do you LIKE the 6X7?

Oh yes.
I was a founding member of the Brotherhood.

If I hadn't had that accident, I would likely not have bought the 6x7, most likely wouldn't have any bought Pentax gear at all.

The Bronica was a great wedding camera, the optics were great, and it was an easy camera to haul around. The only thing I didn't like about it was the negatives being sideways on the film. Made it unhandy on the darkroom for landscape format pictures, and I never did get used to the easel being sideways. I was insured under my commercial policy for replacement value, based on the lowest of 3 quotes. We couldn't bring them in through the camera store I worked at, so my quotes for another ETRs were on the high end of retail (no one gives SGI a break). I was able to order the 6x7 direct from Pentax though, on a staff discount, which was something like 20% off best net at that time. Because of the huge dollar incentive, I went with the 6x7. Because I had, relatively speaking, a raft of money to spend on gear, that Bronica morphed into the 6x7, 75mm, 105mm and 135mm lenses, and a meter prism as well.

No? How long ago WAS that?

That mishap happened some 20 years ago. The 6x7 is still going strong, to.
It's only seen a repair shop twice, neither time for things that broke without help.

Hint to the brotherhood: if you ever need to have your 6x7 opened up, have the shop rewire the FP socket parallel with the PC socket. That way if you get stupid and bust your PC socket (I managed to do that one time, it wasn't all that difficult), you can switch over to the FP socket and keep shooting.
That is, unless you ever want to use flash bulbs.

William Robb