Then you have a right to demand higher preformance. But then you bought your's a few years ago.

William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling" Subject: Re: Fall in the Adirondacks

Yes, but my point is that you're comparing two different cameras in two different classifications and finding the lower level camera wanting. As if it were the camera's fault. If I paid approximately $3000 for the *ist-D I'd expect considerably higher performance from it when capturing images as well. I didn't and for the difference I can buy a second body, or more lenses. People are happy with my photographs, they buy my prints. I sold enough at my last show to pay for my consumables in mounting it. Sounds to me that's what you're doing. If you choice works for you I happy for you.

Three grand is about what I paid for my istD.
I got a battery pack and cheap lens with it, but it was still three grand.

William Robb

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).