From: frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: PDML <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: OT: matching shoulders <g>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:27:32 -0400

well, today started with a bang!

i got hit by a car making an illegal turn, while riding
to work this morning.  ambulance took me to hospital,
and x-rays showed two breaks to my collar-bone.  on
tylenol 3, left arm in sling - no cast.  hurt like
hell this afternoon, a bit better now, but still hurts
a lot.

bike frame is okay, front wheel and fork are toast.
bloody cop charged me for no bell and no rear brake
(which i'm going to fight) even though she was 100% at
fault - that's $200 in fines, and i'm the victim!

i'm okay, though;  shoulder should heal fine, but with
a really big bump.  i'll know how long when i go to
the fracture clinic in a few days.

i'll be talking to a lawyer, as i want to get her
insurance to fix my bike and pay 4 missed work.  i'll
try going to work tomorrow to see how it goes.  think
i'll be off my bikes for a while.

i think, quite seriously, had i not been wearing a helmet, i might be
seriously injured or dead.  road rash on my left cheek and ear, big
dent on my helmet right over the temple.  as it is, not even a
headache!

more details later when i can type with 2 hands <vbg>.

cheers,
frank