----- Original Message ----- From: "graywolf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I think that right now in consumer grade sensors a 6mp APS size sensor is about optimum which may explain why the makers don't seem to be in any great hurry to increase megapixel counts on the semipro cameras.

Except that some of the lowest noise at higher sensitivities occur on cameras sudh as the 1DIIn (8MP), 20D (8MP) and Nikon D2X which is supposedly the very best (12MP - I think) all on APS-C sized sensors.

Sensor technology is probably catching up to allow for higher pixel densities and less noise.

Christian