Fra: Godfrey DiGiorgi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 21. februar 2006 09:23
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: Also testing new presentation mechanism...

On Feb 20, 2006, at 10:45 PM, Jens Bladt wrote:

> I'm not making a mountain out of anything. It's just that rights
> are rights.
> And musicians (I was once one myself) should be able to actually
> make a
> living, just like photographers :-)

Of course.

> The reason I was asking was actually that I have often wondered how
> to do
> this right. I made a slideshow once, using "Penny Lane" as the music.
> I could only display this privately, since I didn't think I'd have
> enough
> money to pay Mr. McCartney and Apple Records etc.

It never hurts to ask. Sometimes rights are released with very little
other than an attribution if the thing you want to do with the music
is a) not going to be particularly profitable, b) will show the music
in a good light, c) does not conflict with other public uses of the
music, and d) you manage to contact the right person who wants to be
helpful.

>  I have been thinking of making musik myself (MIDI files, which
> would have
> to be converted into MP3 files or similar. Do you know how to do this?

I'm no musician. If I have to make music from MIDI and turn it into
MP3, I'll call my brother! Otherwise, I'd use GarageBand, which comes
with Apple systems as part of the iLife package.

> Which software are you using - it's seems like Macromedia?

The software I used to create this presentation is SoundSlides,
http://www.soundslides.com/. It's a Mac OS X application that takes a
folder of JPEG files and an MP3 or AIFF file and integrates them
together. It has tools for controlling the pacing of the presentation
and some basic capabilities to change the playing look. It generates
a Flash compatible presentation.

I've done this using iMovie and iTunes, built DVDs using iDVD (all
part of iLife) but it's more time consuming to build what I want than
SoundSlides.

Godfrey