Greetings all.

My wife and I photograph weddings.  We use a bunch of Pentax and Minolta film
cameras, plus one original digi-Rebel, and we've just now added a *ist DS,
hoping to consolidate into one system.

First idea for Pentax: Allow us to select which four things are adjusted with
the function button.  I'd like to replace the flash mode selection with
metering mode (spot / center / matrix) instead.  Someone else might have
other ideas.  Give us a choice.

Second idea is as follows:

While testing auto focus, I find that the Canon focuses and snaps a photo very
quickly, while the Pentax focuses just as quickly, but then it hesitates a
third of a second or so, then makes a few small adjustments to the focus, and
then finally releases the shutter.

At first I was very disappointed in the Pentax, but then I looked at the
images up close.  The Canon focused quickly, but only 1/3 of the images were
in sharp focus.  The Pentax was in sharper focus than the Canon's best image,
but it was also in focus every single time.

So on the Canon 300D, they give up a little final focusing accuracy in order
to gain a lot of speed.  On the Pentax, they take their time and do it right.

Idea for Pentax:  Let us choose between auto focus speed v.s. accuracy.  Some
people will be happy with 98% focus if they can get 1/3 the auto focusing
time.  Others will want sharp images even if it does take 3x as long to auto
focus.

Brian
---
Brian Dunn Photographic