Electric motors and generators are about 30% effective. 30% of 30% is
about 10%, so regenerative breaking gets back is about 10% max! That is
better than a kick in the pants*, but not much. RB is mostly a feature
that cost little to implement and sounds good in the advertising.

*RB seems to be mostly useful for controlling speed on long downhills.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com