You have lost the plot. It was about USM lenses functionality on older
bodies. Not older AF lenses on the K10D...
I have never suggested Pentax will not support screw drive AF....

----- Original Message -----
From: "DagT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: K10D - "facts" and "speculations"

Den 31. aug. 2006 kl. 22.33 skrev Bob W:

>>> My guess is that they will work as MF lenses only. They
>> might not have
>>> aperture rings as they are not fully compatible with older lenses
>
>>> anyway.
>>> Time will tell...
>>
>> I think Nikon still have an in-camera AF motor to support some older
>
>> lenses.  Why couldn´t Pentax do the same?
>
> Occam's razor

Nope, Occam´s razor shaves away everything that is unnecessary, but
the old AF lenses are necessary  for Pentax.  And why would they kill
lenses like the DA40mm and DA21mm that soon? They have killed the
lenses that need fast AF motors, and we should expect them to have a
reason for that.

.-)

DagT
http://dag.foto.no

Beware of internet links. You never know what is on the other side.