The IMSAI (and it's contemporaries) pre-date the mass computer
market - they were the hobbyist computers of choice (at least
until the Apple came along).  They're uncommon, but not exactly
rare.  Finding one that's still in working condition is a bit
harder - they were home-assembled, so the quality depends very
much on how good the original hobbyist was with a soldering iron.

There are always a few examples of these (and of PDP-8s) at the
Vintage Computer Festival; prices in the hundreds of dollars
are normal.  Anything is possible on eBay, but paying thousands
for anything but a system with all the rarest peripherals seems
excessive.