On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 12:46:59PM -0400, Adam Maas wrote:

> My wishlist for the K1D.

> Price? $4000USD.
>
> In other words a D2Xs in K mount with additional battery compatibility
> and a removable grip, Hyper-Program and and some improvement. For a
> similar cost.

As I said, I don't expect to see one.  Pentax have made it pretty clear
that their offering in the pro market will be the 645D, and that the
K-mount bodies are for the consumer and advanced consumer market.

(If Pentax did produce such a body, I'd predict a price closer to $2500.
But even then I don't think they'd sell enough to make it worthwhile.)