On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Jaume Lahuerta wrote:

> Why is it more appealing that the K10D?

First of all, I think the K10D (will be) responsible for millions of
grins and gazillions (scientific term) of excellent pictures. It is a
runaway success for a very good reason: it does what the people want.

> Size?, high ISO?
> or is one of that obscure Flash functions that you seem to like? ;-)

All of the above. To me.

I would miss the grip, but judging from the pictures of the K10D grip,
it's too big and ugly.

I would miss SR, but I am not prepared to go K100D for that.

And I would really miss dust-shake, but there ya go.

I think (but should see the Digis face-to-face in order to make a
meaningful statement, as opposed to opening gambits) that the
functional elegance of the MZ-S is still unsurpassed. The K10D looks
to me like the PZ-1p, too wide and in your face.

Horses for courses. And no, I won't buy your -Ds, it does not shoot
film.

Kostas (with a serious Barcelona craving at the moment)