You are correct. I remember how delighted I was some thirty years ago
when I took a tripod mounted picture of the rear of my house in Chicago
with my 4x5 and discovered that I could crop down on a Coke carton that
was on the back step and read the print on it. :-). Wish I still had
time to play with sheet film. One of these days...
Paul