From: "dave o'brien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A scroll of mail from Collin Brendemuehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri,
14 Sep 2001 07:19:44 -0500

>That's the reason for getting rid of Jews and Christians.  To
>Islam we are false inheritors of the promise of Paradise and
>infidels to be dealt with.

According to most Muslims I've met, Christians and Jews are People Of
The Book (i.e. the Old Testaments plus some texts about Jesus as a
prophet), and worthy of respect.

     That's exactly why I began by mentioning
     that there are many theological schools within
     Islam just as there are many within
     Christianity.  They obviously don't all agree
     on that point.  I was referring to the
     very common orthodoxy that is not radical
     but moderately fundamentalist, holding to the
     matters taught inthe Q'ran, but not acting
     out the violence.  This is a predominant
     outlook.

>At this point, I've unfortunately found no orthodox Muslim
>who does not want to destroy both.  That's an essential part
>of the belief system.  Book 4 of the Q'ran calls us "scum".

Can you provide a quote for that?  I have a really hard time believing it.

     I'll look it up.

>Right now the Taliban has a group of Christians in jail,
>scheduled for beheading, because they practice their Christianity.

But they're quite an extreme branch of Islam.  Kind of like judging
Christians by Jerry Fallwell, or Americans by the Ku Klux Klan.

      But it's a whole national concensus.
      Even though there are some rebelling against
      the Taliban, it's the predoninant
      concensus, and thus in control

      Also, I don't think you find any prejudice
      in the Falwell camp.  (Not like the Bob Jones
      camp.)  That statement could use some
      re-evaluation, as the evangelical camp in
      general is one of Israel's biggest supporters.
      (mentioned because of the common and erroneous
      portrayal of evangelicals and being haters
      of Jews)

dave

      Collin