Tom wrote:
> Well, I am the one who said you are full of shit. I don't have to prove that as you
>do a much better
> job of it than I could with every one of your anti-American posts.

Some Americans, one of them you, Tom., do seem to have a great problem, which must
make life very difficult for you.
1) You don't recognize a friend, even when he stands before you and reaches out his
hand.
2) But it's worse.Those that already are your friends, you try your very best to make
enemies of.
It's really sad, but it's true.
However, you have helped me Tom, in learning how to separate this kind of Americans
from the other kind, those who do recognize a friend.
You talk about "every one of [my] anti-American posts". My usual way when being
accused of things that I do not think that I am guilty of, is to ask the person who is
accusing me, to point out to me the grounds on which the accusations are based.
In this case I won't.
I am no longer interested in what you mean by "anti-American", Tom. Just hearing you
say it, will do.
I have learned that those posters who accuse me of being "anti-American", "anti-US"
and the like, are no more reasonable than the fanatics among for instance the old
Soviet (now Russian) communists and the fundamentalist muslims, which you are now
raging against and on this list have proclaimed a holy war on. The rethorics are the
same - everything and everybody outside of the defined community is "evil", as in
"anti-American" etc.
We usually on this list have a habit of making sure that we get the facts right. Be it
some Pentax feature, whether glass is flowing, how the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor
or did the Russians suffer great losses in the war. Not to mention facts about muslim
or arabic countries recently. We can go on and on and on about such facts, and we
don't call each other names like "anti-Russian",."anti-Japanese" etc.
However, when it comes to anything that deals with U.S.A., it's all different. Not
only are all completely neutral observations called "anti-American", but there are
even some subjects, like Hiroshima or Viet Nam, which are regarded as "anti-American"
topics in themselves (unless you express explicit support for US policies.) By this
you define your enemies. They are, for all practical purposes, all non-Americans.
I thought I had the same right to substantiate my position regarding the "warnings" in
Hiroshima. Obviously I didn't fully understand that in the US are restrictions that I
wasn't familiar with. (Not that I care that much, but it is interesting to see how
they work.)
When I say all this, you will of course again say that I am being anti-American, but
it is just an observation. And you could be from anywhere. (Well, maybe not really,
but never mind.).
You will probably also say (or at least think) that I am again full of shit for having
said this. That's fine. From now on, I will consider any names that you can come up
with for me an honor. I will be pleased whenever you insult me. It will make me
confident, because I know then that I am on the right track.

> Why don't you cool it?
Now, I am very cool. I have provided those who are seriously interested in it, means
to judge for themselves whether I actually was full of shit, or not, when I responded
to your statement that the US never have attacked civilians without warning.
I have also realised that I do not any longer have to worry about you any more.
That's cool to me.

> If not out of respect for our dead, how about for your own?
Oh, I have full respect for your dead, more so than I have for you, Tom. I have spent
a great part of this week taking part of the continued reports on tragic events. It
happens that a tear or two falls down my face, just like they do on many other faces.
I do not really make that much difference between "your" or "our own". Suffering
Swedes or suffering Americans don't make much difference to me, like it seems to do to
you.

>It is almost certain that someone from your country or connected with someone from
>your country died in this
> atrocity.
There seems to be one missing yes.
Your concern is warming, and surprising Tom, considering the many agressive and
hateful messages you have posted recently.
I thank you for this.
(But I am still worried about Nenad and his people. Have you made friends with him, or
do you still threaten to drop the atomic bomb on him and his people?)

Lasse