Jostein,

Nothing new here, but like Bill and Paul said:
"I find that politics enter into the argument so powerfully on both
sides, that it becomes difficult to determine what is fact and what is
not."

I doubt we know the facts today, just theories.  But we have two
powerful, self serving groups raising an alarm - the media and the
politicians.  Do you have anything to add to what they have said, or
are you just echoing their statements?

Two other thoughts...
1)  This is such a comfy problem, kind of like 'save the whales.'  We
all can take a stand and maybe even do our little part to save energy
and reduce carbon dioxide emission's and not really get our hands
dirty.  It's all an abstract problem, not like homeless people nearby
or other needy local folks which would bring us face to face with real
problems we might be able to impact.

2)  I don't think it is the USA vs the rest of the world on this.  I
think you ignore a very real problem with the rest of the developing
world.  Europe and the USA enjoy a lifestyle based on high consumption
of resources.  Places like China aspire to obtain that kind of
lifestyle for their citizens.  Who among us has the moral authority to
tell them NO!

Regards,  Bob S.