From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Digital Image Studio
Sent: 2. januar 2007 21:58
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT: Occupations?

On 03/01/07, Tim Øsleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also used in audio systems. my little understanding is that the advantage
> using them is that they are more efficient than other transistors, in
other
> word more power, less spill heat.

MOSFET power devices are often used in the output stages of amplifiers
(audio, motor control, heating control etc) that maybe subject to
abuse as the devices characteristics when overload occurs are
inherently self limiting to a point (unlike conventional bi-polar
transistors which can suffer a self destructive failure called thermal
runaway).

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA