Bill,

PLEEEASE ! ! !

The US flag has been symbolic of polarization in the US since the
Vietnam War.  The Hippy-Dippy culture out in San Francisco discovered
that denigrating our national flag was an easy way to get attention
from WWII vets who supported the war.  It was very devisive as the
activists eventually painted the US service men as bad guys.  (The
were mostly conscripts for God's sake, put into harm's way!)

The flag became and still is a symbol of support for our young men and
women who are serving in the armed services.  Polls say less than half
the people in the US support the war in Iraq, but I'd bet that 95%
support their children or neighbors  who are on duty in that country.
Showing the flag is a way to show that support.

Am I a jingoist because I love my country and am grateful to those who
serve it to protect us?

Regards,  Bob S.