On Jan 24, 2007, at 1:20 AM, J and K Messervy wrote:
> ... Any and all tips, tricks and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Once upon a time in my ill-spent youth, I had an arrangement with a
local wedding photographer to do B&W candids at weddings where he did
all the formally posed shots. My deal was an added value service ...
the promise was to provide a small book of 50-100 additional B&W
photos, 5x7 size, taken during the service and reception, out of the
way of the standard fare, and get $100 per event for my time (given
that this was 1973-1974, that was a lot of money for a high school
kid!). Total charge for the service was $175 on top of the arranged
wedding photo contract, whatever that was.

I did it for about a year, about 15 weddings. Most responses to my
work were positive, occasionally I got a couple of reprint orders.
Once or twice I got the the compliment that they liked my candids
better than the official pro shots.

It proved a very low-stress way of working weddings. Watching the pro
do his schtick convinced me that I'd never want to do that work in a
thousand years. i haven't even attended weddings since, except on
very very rare occasion for the closest of friends, never mind
photographed them. What people want today in wedding photographs I
haven't the foggiest idea.

My inclination when people ask if I would like to do a wedding is to
flee. ;-)