I think you SOL on the flash whine.

On the Super A mode button...
The mechanism is housed in the button itself.
The shutter release button has a chrome collar on the top.
You need a 2 prong vice tool to unscrew it.
When you do, the shutter release can be removed and
then the whole top mode dial.

That obnoxious little tab you have to press to change
mode has a tiny spring and ball bearing below it.
Take these out and the lock is gone.
Re-assemble with the big spring below the shutter release and enjoy.

Regards, Bob S.