----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Pentax - Selling HQ and Apparently Drops 645D

> The expensive DA* lenses are really a new line. They're just beginning to
> appear. Pentax won't obsolete them. But as many have said, they seem to
> provide enough coverage for a sensor with a 1.3 crop.

I just looked through an Lx with the DA21 mounted. It's pretty hard to say,
but it looks like the image starts to fall off somewhere around the 20mm
image circle mark wide open.
I think I have a film camera around here someplace that offers sutter
preferred auto, I might try my DA lenses out on film to see how much
vignetting there is and if it goes away significantly as the lens stops
down.

William Robb