Thanks David,

That was kinda cool. :-)
So you basically get a dual gooseneck setup. But if you use so little
of the flash output area, won't you lose an awful lot of light?

In principle, My idea is very similar to yours. If you add more
fibres, so that it covers a substantial part of the flash fresnel, and
then add a device to attach the fibres to the front of the lens. Or
elsewhere, for that matter. The fibres are in principle a bit soft and
wobbly, and needs to be held in place at the tip.

Jostein

http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com