My Sigma-500 ST flash does not work correctly with K100D.
So im shooting all time manual, with flash set to lowest power level.
This way shadow are not so hard.

Aperture ring on my M-lenses is used to control amount of light. Only
problem is that DOF is not the same.

For outdoor fill-flash i find it very usefull.

Gasha