David Savage wrote:
> On 9/19/07, Toralf Lund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Like I said, I know for a fact that you may easily get the FA 50/1.4
>> new, yet those too have been selling for ridiculous prices. Or, not
>> quite as ridiculous as some other items, including the teleconferences
>> you mention, but I've seen several go for way more than what B&H
>> Photo/Adorama will charge.
>>

> You can now.
>
> About a year ago Pentax couldn't seem to make them fast enough.
Really? So they have been made quite recently, then. Bojidar thinks this
lens was discontinued in 2004. I've been assuming he was right in the
sense that it hadn't been produced since then, and that they'd just sold
old stock lately. But also that he was wrong in that there hasn't been
an official announcement of the discontinuation of the lens, and the
production may just be temporarily shut down because of large stocks.

- Toralf