notice how I cleverly avoided mentioning my little bastard camera...

but seriously, folks - It took me a few beats too long to realize that a
28mm smc Pentax lens on a
35 mm digital camera changes it to a less wide lens -- and, I'm
guessing, the bit of space between the
back of the lens and the camera itself, due to the thickness of the
adaptor also contributes to this.

Soooo is there a chart somewhere or a formula that says  28 becomes
50(?)  etc ???
Does the difference/ proportion increase with the physical length of the
lens?

My 100mm macro seems like a 200 mm lens  - so I'm really in pig heaven....

It seems like the 28 mm still has the same depth of field given any
given aperature when it is
on the KX or the digital camera....

ann the curious