On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Excellent. Hope there was a fence between you and that critter. With
> film, you're still a little short for moon shots with the 400 and a 2X
> converter. You'd have a pretty heavy crop. A 600 and a 2X would get you
> in the ballpark. Paul

        Actually, no there was no fence, it was a real sow brown bear with
cub, alongside the road to Haines, Alaska.  There were some idiots in a
car in front of us who'd gotten out of the car, but the one I was in was
running and in gear.  When I looked at the lens focussing ring, her
eyeballs indicated 70 feet away.  :)

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *