On Oct 31, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Brendan MacRae wrote:

> Gee, I'm not so sure. How fast is WiFi transfer?
> Faster than a cable? I transfer very low res images
> from my cell phone to my Mac via Bluetooth and it
> takes longer than you'd think. Also, transferring from
> a card or directly from the camera into my machine
> requires no menu navigation or anything. I plug in the
> camera and turn it on and point the images to a folder
> in Aperture. Is this the same with WiFi? Is the
> process more complicated? It is with my cell...
>
> I see the advantage for wireless only where distance
> and convenience getting to a computer is an issue, as
> in William's example, not the speed of the transfer
> itself which I believe is negligable compared to wired
> transfer (if I'm wrong someone correct me).

Brendan,

You're right: you just don't get it. I didn't either until I saw what
people were doing with it and how it could be used. Now I get it ...
This is quite common for technologies that incite a paradigm shift in
the *way* you work, not what you are doing.

Whether I actually have a use for this technology I'm not sure yet.
But it's good to know that a cost effective capability like this is
available.

Godfrey