No point arguing what you like or don't like.

I've spent a bit of time shooting with the E-3 today (another fellow
at the workshop I attended had one): I like it. The control logic is
quite different from the Pentax bodies, but it works well for me.
Haven't looked at any JPEGs but the RAW capture at ISO 1600 and 3200
looks very good to me. At ISO 100-400, where I'm normally shooting,
it is excellent. There's no NR on RAW capture files far as I'm aware.

Also spent a bit of time fooling with my friend Linda's Nikon D300
again. It's a very fine camera, in every way.

Both of these cameras perform on par or better than the K10D. But
it's no big deal as the K10D's performance meets my needs pretty
nicely just as is. I look forward to seeing what Pentax' next new
bodies are: I'm sure they'll be pretty darn nice.

Godfrey